[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor 4.0.0 Alpha 3 released

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Tue May 10 17:03:48 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

We are pleased to announce the release of the PowerDNS recursor 4.0.0 Alpha 3. This release features a great number of DNSSEC correctness fixes.

The changelog with clickable links can be found in the documentation[1].
Changes from 4.0.0 Alpha 2 are:

- #3752 Correct handling of query flags in conformance with RFC 6840

Bug fixes

- #3804 Fix a memory leak in DNSSEC validation
- #3785 and #3390 Correctly validate insecure delegations
- #3606 Various DNSSEC fixes, disabling DNSSEC on forward-zones
- #3681 Catch exception with a malformed DNSName in rec_control wipe-cache
- #3779, #3768, #3766, #3783 and #3789 DNSName and other hardening improvements

Improvements

- #3801 Add missing Lua rcodes bindings
- #3587 Update L-Root addresses

As always, the tarball is available from the download website[2] and packages for Debian Jessie, Ubuntu Trusty, Xenial and Wily and for CentOS 6 and 7 are available from our repositories[3].

We expect to enter a cycle of beta releases after this release, so please start testing this release and report your findings.

Best regards,

Pieter and the PowerDNS Team

1 - https://doc.powerdns.com/md/changelog/#powerdns-recursor-400-alpha3
2 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases