[Pdns-users] PowerDNS with GeoIP and MySQL

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Thu Mar 31 18:22:50 UTC 2016

Greetings All,

In the very distant past, I think that I set up PowerDNS some many years
ago but have not really used it since that time. Because of this, I would
not say that I'm a bit new to setting up PowerDNS and hope that someone on
the list could guide me a bit.

I have to machines that I want to set up as Authoritative PowerDNS servers,
but I would also like to add in the GeoIP features as well as the MySQL
backend so that I can do web administration for the DNS servers.

Another idea that I was thinking about, although not so critical if it
can't be done easily, is to have all of this inside a Docker vm on my
Ubuntu 15.04 machines.

Are there any installation guides that might available to show me an easy
way to get all of this installed?

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and have a great day,
Lonnie