[Pdns-users] Powerdns Problem with Delegation to Isilon.

syaginf fs2307 at columbia.edu
Wed Mar 23 13:12:53 UTC 2016

I have pdns-recursor configured.
It works for outside addresses , but I can't seem to make it respond for
this type of requests.

Indeed what happens on bind side is isilon would return one of the addresses
from dynamic pool.
So if I keep repeating requests I will keep getting different addresses most
of the time.

So far I wasn't able to replicate this kind of behavior using PDNS with
PDNS-Recursor.

What would be the config changes?
Do I have to keep the 2 records I have and add something like
forward-zones in recursor?
What would be the record.
forward-zones=isilon.hpc=192.168.3.0?
or
forward-zones=isilon-dns.hpc=192.168.3.0?

PDNS is master for .hpc so what would make it got and use recursor for
records in hpc domain?