[Pdns-users] powerdns authoritative 4.0.0 alpha stops working from time to time

Chris lists at shthead.com
Wed Mar 9 08:53:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

I too have ran into this issue today. I can reproduce it easily.

Running 4.0.0~alpha2-1pdns.jessie with the MySQL backend. I restart the
MySQL server. After it is done restarting any queries to PowerDNS return
a SERVFAIL with this line logged first:

Backend reported condition which prevented lookup (GSQLBackend lookup
query: Could not execute mysql statement: SELECT
content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,auth FROM records WHERE
disabled=0 and type=? and name=?: Lost connection to MySQL server during
query) sending out servfail

Subsequent queries then log:

Backend reported condition which prevented lookup (GSQLBackend lookup
query: Attempt to bind more parameters than query has: SELECT
content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,auth FROM records WHERE
disabled=0 and type=? and name=?) sending out servfail

Restarting PowerDNS fixes it.

Thanks