[Pdns-users] PowerDNS recusor 4.0.0 alpha2 packages/forward zone file

Chris lists at shthead.com
Tue Mar 8 06:54:22 UTC 2016

On 7/03/2016 6:42 PM, Pieter Lexis wrote:
> There is no alpha2 release for the recursor yet indeed, you can use the master packages from the repositories as a substitute (as alpha2 will be a tag on master). Expect an official Recursor alpha2 somewhere this week.

Hi Pieter

Thanks, I can confirm the master repo fixes the crashing issue.

Do you have any idea why I get this message on start:

Insufficient number of filedescriptors available for
max-mthreads*threads setting! (4096 < 32793), reducing max-mthreads to 254

I verified that the nofile limit in security.conf is set correctly,
running ulimit -n as the user the server runs under also looks correct.
I also tried adding 'ulimit -n 128000' to the init script but that also
doesn't work.

Thanks