[Pdns-users] Show debug lua script

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Mon Jun 27 07:42:20 UTC 2016

Hello Gustavo,

On 13 Jun 2016, at 17:56, Gustavo Villegas wrote:

> Apreciate how to configure pdns recursor to view LUA logs command as:
>
> print("Got question for "..dq.qname:toString().." from
> "..dq.remoteaddr:toString().." to "..dq.localaddr:toString())
>
> I changed to pdnslog("....") and  quiet=off but still can't see the
> messages generated in the LUA script.
>
> also configured the
> logging-facility=0
> loglevel=5

Please try loglevel 9 if pdnslog is not working for you. Also make sure
your Lua script is in fact being loaded, without errors - you should see
a log message about loading the script.

Regarding print, it goes to the console - which means you will only see
it if you run the recursor by hand with daemon=no, or when logging
stdout via systemd or similar supervisors.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk