[Pdns-users] Glue records

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Tue Jun 7 14:05:25 UTC 2016

Hi

Many thanks

On 7 June 2016 at 15:25, Pieter Lexis <pieter.lexis at powerdns.com> wrote:

> Hello Jan,
>
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 14:54:04 +0200
> Jan Groenewald <jan at aims.ac.za> wrote:
> > I have NS entry like
> >
> > 1068 dc=aims.ac.za,ou=dns,dc=aims,dc=ac,dc=za
> > associatedDomain: aims.ac.za
> > dc: aims.ac.za
> > objectClass: dNSDomain2
> > objectClass: domainRelatedObject
> > mXRecord: 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
> > mXRecord: 10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
> > mXRecord: 10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.
> > mXRecord: 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
> > mXRecord: 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
> > sPFRecord: "v=spf1 ip4:196.21.91.0/24 mx include:_spf.google.com -all"
> > tXTRecord: "v=spf1 ip4:196.21.91.0/24 mx include:_spf.google.com -all"
> > sOARecord: ns1.aims.ac.za hostmaster at aims.ac.za 0 3600 7200 2419200
> 86400
> > nSRecord: hippo.ru.ac.za.
> > nSRecord: ns1.aims.ac.za.
> > nSRecord: ns2.aims.ac.za.
> > nSRecord: ns3.aims.ac.za.
> >
> > I can't figure out how to (i.e. find where is the documentation) add glue
> > records to that. Can anyone assist? I want to serve the ADDITIONAL
> SECTION
> > with IPs for the nameservers.
>
> You'll need to add aRecord and/or aAAARecord entries for the *.aims.ac.za.
> nSRecords. PowerDNS will pick those up and stuff these into the Additional
> section. See the documentation[1] for the syntax of the aRecord.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pieter
>
> 1 - https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-ldap/#basic-objects

OK, I tried this:

3111 dc=*,ou=dns,dc=aims,dc=ac,dc=za
associatedDomain: *.aims.ac.za
dc: *
objectClass: dNSDomain2
objectClass: domainRelatedObject
aRecord: 146.231.128.1
aRecord: 196.21.91.2
aRecord: 196.21.91.3
aRecord: 196.21.91.4
aAAARecord: 2001:4200:1010::1

That is not working for me yet.  I wonder if it is the tree structure. I
have tried also

3111 dc=*,dc=aims.ac.za,ou=dns,dc=aims,dc=ac,dc=za     (adding the dc=
aims.ac.za)

My DNS from LDAP come from these subtrees

8 ou=computers,dc=aims,dc=ac,dc=za
ou: computers
servers, workstations, printers, access points, switches, laptops,
cellphones, iGizmos, coffee machines (TODO) etc
objectClass: organizationalUnit

9 ou=dns,dc=aims,dc=ac,dc=za
ou: dns
entries
objectClass: organizationalUnit

Do you have any idea or see an  obvious mistake?

Regards,
Jan

--
  .~.