[Pdns-users] SRV output for PIPE

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sun Jul 10 08:09:04 UTC 2016

On 10/07/2016 08:59, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> How would you output for a SRV record (use any example values).
> I am familiar with SRV records, I just don't know how to outupt using PIPE

The documentation seems fairly clear to me.

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-pipe/

The answer format (for abi-version 1 and 2):

|DATA qname qclass qtype ttl id content|

|content|is as specified inTypes <https://doc.powerdns.com/md/types/>.
For MX and SRV, content consists of the priority, followed by a tab,
followed by the actual content.

and "Types" links to:

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/types/

where you will find:

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/types/#srv

For example,|_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.conaxis.ch SRV 0 100 389
mars.conaxis.ch|would be encoded with|0|in the priority field and|100
389 mars.conaxis.ch|in the content field.

Regards,

Brian.