[Pdns-users] PDNS Recursor domain not resolved!

Chris lists at shthead.com
Fri Jul 8 03:13:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 8/07/2016 6:10 AM, Federico Olivieri wrote:
 > Hi folks.Hope that I used the right mailing list :)
 > can you please help me to understand why my pdns recursor doesn't resolv
 > the doains *.nhs.com <http://nhs.com>
 > I need to redirect the domain with dnsdist to 8.8.8.8 in order to
 > resolve it but I would like to know why it doesn't work with pdns

I cannot reproduce this on my PowerDNS Recursor install (running
4.0.0~rc1-1pdns.jessie). It resolved with no issues with both
dnssec=validate and dnssec=off as well.

I would recommend firing up PowerDNS in debug mode and running the
query, it should say what has gone wrong. If you can reply with the
output of that it would be very helpful.

Thanks