[Pdns-users] Maybe a bug creating records

Alejandro Adroher Mellado alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Tue Jul 5 10:29:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

first of all, I introduce myself.
Powerdns Server 3.4.7
Recursor Server    3.7.3

I’m using Poweradmin to add records to my MySQL database on backend.

If I create a record like 192.168.34.16 and I also create the PTR record selecting the check …. If the reverse zone is not yet created (but there is a very similar zone), the record is going to be created on a wrong reverse zone, in my case the reverse zone of 192.168.4.x

Seems to be a parsing error, maybe a poweradmin bug, but I just wanted to warn you of what I have seen.

Can someone test it in their environment? Just to verify it.

Thanks a lot.

Ale