[Pdns-users] (no subject)

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Tue Jan 5 09:22:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 10:17:43AM +0100, Sebastian Broekhoven wrote:
> Our PowerDNS server is crashing lately.
> When looking into te log, I get this messages:

Please run pdnssec check-all-zones and tell us what it says. Or pdnsutil
check-all-zones if on 4.x.

> Jan  5 10:01:42 ns1 pdns[22577]: TCP Connection Thread died because of
> STL error: DNSPacketWriter::xfrLabel() found empty label in the middle
> of name

You probably have a record like this somewhere in your database:
'www..powerdns.com'. We should not crash on that of course, so that is a
bug.

If pdnssec doesn't find anything, try:
select * from records where content like '%..%'
and
select * from records where name like '%..%'

	Bert