[Pdns-users] gmysql is using wrong domain_id

Laszlo Toth laszlo.toth at linguamatics.com
Fri Feb 26 18:03:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a strange problem:
I have 2 pdns servers using the same MySQL database. One is working fine
but the other is returning no results. SQL traffic analysis via tcpdump
showed the reason for having no results is because pdns is using wrong
domain IDs.

domains table:
+----+-----------------+
| id | name            |
+----+-----------------+
|  1 | foo.local       |
|  2 | 10.in.addr.arpa |
+----+-----------------+

records table:
+------+-----------+-------------------------+------+------------------------+

+------+-----------+-------------------------+------+------------------------+
|    1 |         1 | dnstest.site.foo.local  | A    | 10.6.0.16

|    2 |         2 | 16.0.6.10.in-addr.arpa  | PTR  |
dnstest.site.foo.local |
+------+-----------+-------------------------+------+------------------------+

When I query for the A record it is using domain_id = 2, when I query
the PTR it is using domain_id = 1 to query the database for the record
in question.

Relevant config section is:
launch=gmysql,bind
bind-config=/etc/pdns/bind-backend/named.conf
bind-check-interval=10
gmysql-host=mysqlhost
gmysql-user=mysqluser
gmysql-dbname=pdns
gmysql-password=dbpass
allow-axfr-ips=127.0.0.0/8,::1, otherdns
local-port=54
master=yes

Bind backend is working fine.
I'm using Pdns 3.4.8 from epel on CentOS7.

What can cause this issue and what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
Laszlo