[Pdns-users] ddns performance of pdns

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at pc-h.de
Thu Feb 25 20:19:44 UTC 2016

Hi altogether,

thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I did some testing. The records table has around 115k rows. When I send
single updates for a zone that has ~20 rows (out of the 100k) I get
about 100 updates per second (what would be sufficient in my use case).
When the zone to be updated has 80k records I only get 1 ddns update per
second.

I activated the mysql query log and analyzed (explain) them. All
statements use the indexes and, when running them individually, they
perform well.

I will review my mysql configuration if there is optimization possible.
Maybe the query cache is to small or something else.

Cheers

Thomas