[Pdns-users] Install and setup on Ubuntu server 16.04

Christian Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva christian.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Mon Dec 12 07:39:32 UTC 2016

* Palm Internet <admin at palmsecure.biz> [161212 01:30]:
> I do get this error though it does seem to be working
>
> Backend error (retry once): GSQLBackend lookup query:Attempt to bind more
> parameters than query has: SELECT
> content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,auth FROM records WHERE
> disabled=0 and type=? and name=?

This error specifically implies you have old configuration around:
hard-coded SQL statements in your config files somewhere. If you did
not customize them, remove them; if you have custom SQL, then you
need to update those queries. Running `pdns_server --launch=gmysql --config`
should give you the new defaults.

> I have since increased threads from 3 to 10 and this seems to have solved
> the issue

That's probably just hiding the issue.

--
Christian Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707