[Pdns-users] Syslog not logging to configured facility

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Thu Dec 1 21:11:04 UTC 2016

On 1/12/2016 7:47 μμ, Pieter Lexis wrote:

> On CentOS 7, logging to syslog is disabled in the systemd unit file. You could ship the message via the systemd-journal_or_  create an override unit file to enable syslog.

Thank you Pieter for your reply,

In my system, rsyslog is in fact enabled and working. For example,
openldap which writes to local4 (per the default configuration) works
fine (via local4).

In any case, the log entries *do* reach /var/log/messages, as I have
explained. So rsyslog DOES receive them, but they do not seem to reach
localN (where N=0,...) facility.

What else may be the problem?

Nick