[Pdns-users] pdnssec question

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Sat Sep 12 22:29:47 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 05:47:19PM -0400, Curtis Maurand wrote:
> I have set up dkim for a domain which sets up a txt record for the
> dkim record.  the name is default._domainkey.domain.com  all well
> and good and there is the usual text in the field.  However, when I
> run pdnssec against a zone, I get another _domainkey.domain.com
> record which has type null and the content is null and the ordername
> is null.  will this interfere with serving up DKIM public keys?

This is an 'empty non-terminal placeholder'. It will not interfere and will
in fact make sure we generate correct NSEC(3) records. That's why we make
them.

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/dnssec/#rules-for-filling-out-fields-in-database-backends
has a little bit on this unexpected database behaviour.

	Bert