[Pdns-users] Servicing Internal views

Alejandro Adroher Mellado alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Fri Sep 4 15:45:06 UTC 2015

Any Update?   XD

-----Original Message-----
From: pdns-users-bounces at mailman.powerdns.com [mailto:pdns-users-bounces at mailman.powerdns.com] On Behalf Of Alejandro Adroher Mellado
Sent: miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2015 16:47
To: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
Subject: [Pdns-users] Servicing Internal views

Hi everyone!!

I’m bit confused about forwarding.
I’m creating master and slave-recursor servers for service our internal views.
I do the database replication over MySQL. (not using master and slave options in config files )

I want to manage two domains:
•	domain.com                                 Main external domain
•	subdomain.domain.com         Active Directory domain

If I enable forward-zones on the recursor like: (pointing to Active Directory DNS servers)
-	  forward-zones= subdomain.domain.com =xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Testing with dig or nslookup all seems to be fine. I can PING, DIG  …. All works.

Now, the second thing I want do is create a master zone of domain.com for internal views. I create the zone in pdns master server (using Poweradmin), SOA, NS records and some A record pointing to the local IP of our servers (servers who have also an external IP).

From that point, the forward to subdomain.domain.com stop working, no dig either nslookup responses available.

I’m doing some big mistake or it’s not possible to create the thing I want to do.

I will appreciate any advice.

Thank you so much. I hope you are having a good day.

Aladme.