[Pdns-users] Multiple A records cause AXFR failure

leen at consolejunkie.net leen at consolejunkie.net
Sun Nov 22 12:35:16 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-22 12:19, a b wrote:
> Good idea!
>
> pdnssec check-zone dmz
> Error: Received NULL where a value was expected
>
> SQL> delete from records where (id = 16 or id = 66);
>
> 2 rows deleted.
>
> SQL>  update zones set serial = 2015112209 where name = 'dmz';
>
> 1 row updated.
>
> SQL> commit;
>
> Commit complete.
>
> # pdnssec check-zone dmz
> Checked 18 records of 'dmz', 0 errors, 0 warnings.
>
> ...So my A record INSERT's are wrong?

Ahh, so it's Oracle, yeah I should have known from the SQL> prompt.

I didn't know the Oracle backend uses other table names, an euh..
interesting choice.

Never really looked at the Oracle backend code, so I had a quick look.

Maybe you don't have any TTLs (you didn't have them in the insert
query) ?

It seems that would trigger an error:
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/master/modules/oraclebackend/oraclebackend.cc#L999

Maybe add a check like the example ?: