[Pdns-users] Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Domains created on master are not created on slave.

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Tue Nov 10 12:51:57 UTC 2015

Hi Kamil,

On 11/09/2015 02:23 PM, kamil kapturkiewicz wrote:
> thanks for your previous answers, however I have one more question:
> To configure supermaster/superslave, do I need LUA script or
> INSERT INTO supermasters VALUES ('203.0.113.53', 'autoslave.example.com', 'internal');
> in slave database will be enough?

The insert will be enough. Please see the documentation, [1] tells you
"From now on, valid notifies from 203.0.113.53 that list a NS record
containing 'autoslave.example.com' will lead to the provisioning of a
slave domain under the account 'internal'.".

Further info can be found at [2]. If anything is unclear, do tell.

Best regards,

Pieter

1 -
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-generic-mypgsql/#superslave-operation