[Pdns-users] powerdns internals

Martin domains at crystalline.nl
Mon Nov 2 14:56:35 UTC 2015

I'm still struggling to solve this problem.
When I compare both backends (one a custom queries and one a regular)
and the queries they send to MySQL for a nonexistent subdomain MX
record, it appears they basically both send the same type of queries and
get the same kind of results/rows back. The only difference is that the
custom queries backend fires two more queries *after* the 'SOA-EDIT'
query (see below, which is the final query the regular backend sends):
it queries again for SOA records for abc.example.com and then
example.com .
Is there any reason why a DNS client or Powerdns would fire these SOA
queries again? It already got the SOA record from the first two queries
(see below). Thanks again for any pointers.

Martin