[Pdns-users] EDNS Client Subnet support in recursor

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Fri Nov 13 11:27:25 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

We just merged EDNS Client Subnet support in the recursor.

It works by setting edns-subnet-whitelist to a list of domain names or
nameserver netmasks that should be getting EDNS Client Subnet queries.
Eventually we may make this auto probing etc.

This feature is available in the snapshot builds on
https://repo.powerdns.com/ and will be part of the upcoming 4.0 release.

Please realize that while "git master" passes many of our tests right now it
is not production ready.

But it IS ready to discover if our many new features, like:
	* IXFR/RPZ https://www.mail-archive.com/pdns-users@mailman.powerdns.com/msg08010.html
	* EDNS Client Subnet
	* DNSSEC processing
	* Lua asynchronous queries for per client/domain status lookups https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/master/pdns/kv-example-script.lua

.. work for you, or do what you want/need.

	Bert