[Pdns-users] How to get pdns_recursor to listen on all interfaces?

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:15:53 UTC 2015

What is the syntax to specify that pdns_recursor listen on all interfaces (something like "0.0.0.0/32")?

The issue I am facing is that, not knowing whether this is even possible, I am unable to automate this.
As far as I am aware, there is no way of reliably detecting the primary network interface on a multi-homed host, as per definition, a multi-homed host is a gateway for multiple networks and none of the networks has precedence over the other.

What I am trying to avoid is hard coding interface names or internet protocol addresses into the "local-address=..." configuration line in recursor.conf(4).