[Pdns-users] PowerDNS backend for CIDR based bulk CPE definitions (via pgsql)

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Mon May 11 11:55:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:29:34PM +1000, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> Dear Pdns-Users
>
> I am hoping for feedback on a proof of concept (aka quick hack) that
> has powerdns serve forward and reverse DNS records from a template
> and a list of cidr's - implemented via gpgsql. Let's call it a
> quasi-backend.

Few small suggestions:

 - keep it as script (pipe, lua or remotebackend)
 - can you see if it could be integrated with the standard schema
   as https://github.com/cmouse/pdns-v6-autorev is? This way you
   can make simple overrides and manage those records with standard
   tools. This would also make it easier to provide the configuration
   information without schema changes.

Aki