[Pdns-users] Easiest way to compare two PowerDNS MYSQL zones (or whole databases)

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:31:11 UTC 2015

> What do you guys think would be the best approach for comparing two
> PowerDNS MYSQL databases that are supposed to hold the same domains
> and records?

Instead of mucking about with SQL what I would probably do is configure
both servers as masters; then, on each, AXFR each of the zones, and use
Tony Finch's `nsdiff' utility to diff the results.

If I could only go the SQL way, I'd probably write a script which dumps
the domains and records tables on each (sorted) and diff those; it'll at
least give you an indication on whether there actually are differences.

        -JP