[Pdns-users] Slaves are not updating after making changes on master

Mislav | sys admin mislavorsolic at gmail.com
Mon May 11 07:14:51 UTC 2015

Hi all.

  * What PowerDNS version you are using

# pdns_control version
3.1 (on both servers)

  * What backends you use (gMySQL, BIND etc)

gmysql is used

  * If you are using DNSSEC

DNSSEC is not used.

  * Operating system it is running on

Debian 7 on both

  * Where you got the binary from, i.e. did you compile it yourself
    (which compiler, including version), from your distribution or ports
    tree etc

Through apt-get

  * What is going wrong

I'm having problem with updating slaves after making changes on master.
Slaves are not getting updated at all. After I type manually on the
master server:

# pdns_control notify-host domain host

then of course, it's get updated.

  * What you did, or somebody else did, that causes things to go wrong

It's like this since day one.

  * What you expect to happen (many problems are in fact wrong
    expectations, and not bugs)

After updating master slave, there should be probably some
setting/option to notify all slaves that there is some update OR on
slave I must set something to contact master and ask him "Hey, does
domain XY have some changes?"

  * /ANYTHING/ else that might be relevant, like load balancers, strange
    hardware, firewall rules etc etc

Nothing in firewall is blocking connections between this two servers
when it comes to powerdns. I've attached both pdns confs from
master/slave, maybe that can help.