[Pdns-users] PowerDNS recursor on multi-core machine

Vu Le lev.fpt at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:00:57 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On the pdns-recursor performance tuning, I see this information:

 | for 3.2 and higher, set 'threads' to your number of CPU cores
 | (but values above 8 rarely improve performance).

Does 8-core limitation still apply for recent version of
pdns-recursor? If the answer is yes, what is the best way to fully
utilize all cores on a 20-core machine. I guest I will have to use
multiple instance?

Thanks everybody
Vu Le.

P/S: Sorry for accidentally hitting send button on last email.