[Pdns-users] How to run powerdns in remote debug mode

sumit sharma sksumit1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:18:48 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am facing problem in my pipe backend implementation.
I only query pdns for A records.
pdns normally asks for SOA record followed by ANY record, where i return
the value.
But sometimes if my backend fails to respond within a timeframe,pdns
behaves strangely.
It asks for SOA record followed by NS record. I send END in case of NS
record.
But pdns stops after that and doesn't asks for ANY record.
I have disabled caching in pdns.
Only after restart that pdns starts behaving normally.
I need to know why it is doing that. For that i need to remote debug my
pdns installation from my laptop.
Please help in with the steps.

Regards,