[Pdns-users] New to PowerDNS

Filipe Cifali cifali.filipe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:05:26 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I just subscribed to this mailing, I'm Filipe and I have some experience
with Bind/Named setups with MySQL. Since they both are good but not optimal
I was searching for a replacement and I came across PowerDNS and NSD, right
now I'm trying to do a custom layout for the MySQL queries since I use them
on Bind with the driver, which is quite easy, writing the queries.I came
across the custom queries in the docs:
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-generic-mypgsql/

And wrote a simple query:

gmysql-basic-query=SELECT data,ttl,mx_priority,type,zone,host FROM DNSTable
WHERE type='%s' AND zone='%s' AND active=1

My table contain:

mysql> SELECT * FROM DNSTable  LIMIT 1\G
       farm: 0
       zone: zone.local
       host: sample
       type: CNAME
       data: smtp.zone.local.
    dataint: smtp.zone.local.
        ttl: 3600
mx_priority:
    refresh: 3600
      retry: 0
     expire: 0
    minimum: 0
     serial: 0
resp_person:
      port: NULL
      active: 1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

And when I start pdns_server I get:

Mar 16 12:49:31 powerdns-auth-node-01 pdns[26348]: gmysql Connection
failed: Provided parameter count does not match statement
Mar 16 12:49:31 powerdns-auth-node-01 pdns[26348]: Caught an exception
instantiating a backend: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Provided
parameter count does not match statement

Searching in the mailing list I got:
 Found 0 matching posts for *message:"Provided parameter count does not
match statement"* in PowerDNS <http://powerdns.13854.n7.nabble.com/>
Maybe I missed something in the query but I don't get enough feedback in
the log to correct my mistake, can someone please show me the way?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

(sorry for any typo, english is not my first lang.)

--
[ ]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler