[Pdns-users] Standardized DNS Record Types Not Supported by PowerDNS
nicholas at nicholaswilliams.net
Sun Mar 8 16:34:00 UTC 2015
The following are standardized DNS record types that aren't supported by PowerDNS. I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to whether there are specific reasons for not supporting them (as opposed to "nobody has gotten around to doing the work yet," which is of course understandable) and if there are any plans to begin supporting them.
These types are:
- APL: Specifies list of address ranges typically in CIDR format
- CAA: Used for pinning a specific certificate authority for a host
- DHCID: DHCP identifier
- DNAME: Alias for a name and its subdomains (CNAME is just for exact name)
- HIP: Host Identify Protocol
- IPSECKEY: Key for IPSec protocol
- KX: Key Exchanger Record
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pdns-users