[Pdns-users] Authoritative Server 3.4.5 released

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Tue Jun 9 18:22:37 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce version 3.4.5  of the PowerDNS Authoritative
server.

This release fixes a performance issue with malformed qnames, makes
PowerDNS buildable on OpenBSD (thanks Ruben Kerkhof and Florian Obser!)
and adds a slew of PKCS#11 improvements (thanks to Aki Tuomi).

Tar.gz and packages are available on:

* https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/
* Soon: https://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns-recursor/
   (RHEL/CentOS, with the usual huge thanks to Kees Monshouwer).

The changelog with clickable links can also be found on
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/changelog/#powerdns-authoritative-server-345

PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.4.5

Released 9th of June 2015

Bug fixes:
* be careful reading empty lines in our config parser and prevent
integer overflow.
* prevent crash after --list-modules (Ruben Kerkhof)
* Limit the maximum length of a qname

Improvements:
* Support /etc/default for our debian/ubuntu packages (Aki Tuomi)
* Our Boost check doesn't recognize gcc 5.1 yet (Ruben Kerkhof)
* Various PKCS#11 fixes and improvements (Aki Tuomi)
* Several fixes for building on OpenBSD (Florian Obser)
* Fix several issues found by Coverity (Aki Tuomi)
* Look for mbedtls before polarssl (Ruben Kerkhof)
* Detect Lua on OpenBSD (Ruben Kerkhof)
* Let pkg-config determine botan dependency libs (Ruben Kerkhof)
* kill some further mallocs and add note to remind us not to add them back
* Move remotebackend-unix test socket to testsdir (Aki Tuomi)
* Defer launch of coprocess until first question (Aki Tuomi)
* pdnssec: check for glue and delegations in parent zones (Kees
Monshouwer)