[Pdns-users] Hooks to run external scripts?

Peter Thomassen peter at desec.io
Fri Jun 5 18:47:28 UTC 2015

Dear PowerDNS people,

Are there any hooks in PowerDNS to run scripts after certain API calls
have been processed? Since I could not find this in the documentation, I
assume the chances are low, but I still thought it's worth asking.

For example, after adding a zone, I would like to turn on DNSSEC by
script (since DNSSEC is not yet implemented in the API), or after
manipulation an RR, I would like to increase the serial, etc.

Similarly, on the slave, it would be nice if I could find a way (like
such a hook) to set new zones to presigned mode.

Thanks a lot for your ideas!

Best regards,
Peter
--