[Pdns-users] PDNS 3.x with PDNS 2.9.x Database Schema

Gabriel Marais gabriel.j.marais at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:00:55 UTC 2015

Hi Guys

Seems like I have hit a brick wall. I have PowerDNS 2.9.x running as
master and 2 slaves. I am busy moving over to Ubuntu 14.x on newly
installed servers and as such I ended up with PowerDNS 3.x which is not
compatible with the older 2.9 schema on MySQL.

I have read in a thread that one could use custom queries to overcome
the immediate issue of moving a complete DNS implementation over to the
version 3.x schema but I cannot seem to find the custom queries to
overcome the issue from my log :-

Jul 22 01:17:46 hubble pdns[2006]: Backend error: Failed to execute
mysql_query, perhaps connection died? Err=1: Unknown column 'auth' in
'field list'

Ultimately, I would like to move over to PowerDNS 3.x but right now I
need to get another 'slave' working which is sitting on PowerDNS 3.x to
work with my 2.9 master and database schema.

Can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction with the custom
queries to accommodate the missing "auth" column in the new DB schema?

Many Thanks, Gabriel