[Pdns-users] Force Forwarding

Posner, Sebastian s.posner at telekom.de
Fri Jan 16 10:25:33 UTC 2015

NewWorld wrote:

> It make sense but maybe it was not clear enough, I'm asking if it is
> possible to forward the request for zone1.com to AD, even if powerdns
> still have that zone1.com.

If your recursor is "behind" your authoritative, no way I'd say.
(that is, if your recursor is in the "recursor"-setting of your
authoritative and your clients directly ask the authoritative)

To achieve that behaviour, you'd have to let your clients ask the
recursor directly, and make sure either all domains on authoritative
are "officially" recurseable (means have a consistent chain of
delegation from root), or you need to have forward-zone settings in
your recursor for all domains your authrrotitative is serving.

regards,
Sebastian