[Pdns-users] Integrating with PowerDNS on Rails

Dale Harris rodmur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:37:15 UTC 2015

Anyone used PowerDNS on Rails with PowerDNS?  I recently attempted a
new install, going by the directions at:

http://kennethkalmer.github.io/powerdns-on-rails/

However, I have PowerDNS already installed and I used the schema that
was suggested at:

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/installation/

or actually what was provided in the powerdns-static package, but I
think they're the same.

In any case, when I do the "rake db:migrate" on a copy of my
production database, I get the error:

$ rake db:migrate
==  CreateDomains: migrating ==================================================
-- create_table(:domains)
rake aborted!
StandardError: An error has occurred, all later migrations canceled:

Mysql2::Error: Table 'domains' already exists: CREATE TABLE `domains`
(`id` int(11) DEFAULT NULL au
to_increment PRIMARY KEY, `name` varchar(255), `master` varchar(255),
`last_check` int(11), `type`
varchar(255) DEFAULT 'NATIVE', `notified_serial` int(11), `account`
varchar(255), `ttl` int(11) DEF
AULT 86400, `created_at` datetime NOT NULL, `updated_at` datetime NOT
NULL) ENGINE=InnoDB/var/lib/g
ems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-3.2.21/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_mysql_adapter.rb:
245:in `query'

So I was wondering if anyone has gotten around this?  Do I need to
change my schema?

--
Dale Harris
rodmur at maybe.org