[Pdns-users] Force Forwarding

NewWorld cyreli at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:47:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm planning a migration from PowerDNS to Active Directory.

I have a couple zones (zone1.com, zone2.zom , etc ...), I have copied these
zones in AD, and made these zones AD integrated, everything works well
except when I want PowerDNS to forward the zone1.com queries to AD.

I have configured my PowerDNS recursor to forward zone1.com to AD, but
because the zone1.com still exists in PowerDNS, it doesn't forward at all,
instead PowerDNS replies to the zone1.com requests directly.

So question, is there a way for have the recursor force a forward even if
PowerDNS still have the zone ?

The forward works perfectly if I delete the zone from PowerDNS