[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and Active Directory

NewWorld cyreli at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 03:37:42 UTC 2015

I'd like to know if it is possible to use PowerDNS with Active Directory

I need to build a new Microsoft Active Directory domain, but I also would
like to use our current PowerDNS infrastructure instead of using the
Microsoft DNS server.

I'm using PowerDNS 3.3, when I promote my Domain Controller (without
installing DNS on it) and then point this Domain Controller to use PowerDNS,
the promotion work, but the domain controller fails to register is DNS entry
in the zone.

My Domain Controller is named: DC1.myzone.com
PowerDNS is Master on these zones:
myzone.com	[Required]
_msdcs.myzone.com	[Optional]
_sites.myzone.com	[Optional]
_tcp.myzone.com	[Optional]
_udp.myzone.com	[Optional]

Do I need to configure something on the pdns.conf file, so the DC can
register itself ?