[Pdns-users] AXFR Crashses

Mark Moseley moseleymark at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:09:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM, bert hubert <bert.hubert at powerdns.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 02:15:12PM -0800, Mark Moseley wrote:
> > We don't do a lot (or practically any) AXFRs, so I hadn't noticed this
> > before now.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> You probably have something in the database that upsets us (which should
> not
> happen of course).
>
> Can you run pdnssec check-zone on example2.com and see what it says?
>
>         Bert

It's actually more likely I'm an idiot.

I forgot to remove a custom 'gmysql-list-query' query from when I was
trying to make pdns 3.4 work with the 2.9.x schema (and gave up -- but
forgot to remove the query from the config at the time). Removing it makes
AXFRs work just fine.

Amazing that no matter how long you look for, it never fails that you find
the answer right after you post to a public forum :)

There's got to be some sort of sysadmin "law" for that, a la Murphy's Law.

Apologies for the noise.