[Pdns-users] PowerDNS development plans: 4.x DNSSEC, C++ 2011!

Nicholas Williams nicholas at nicholaswilliams.net
Mon Feb 23 16:52:14 UTC 2015

This is exciting news, Bert!

Some follow-up questions/comments:

- Will 3.x development end on the 3.4 track, or is there still a plan for
3.5? If 3.4 is it, what's the plan for features (such as ALIAS) that were
scheduled for 3.5? Are they delayed to 4.0 (if so, sad face)?

- Currently, PowerDNS Authoritative and PowerDNS Recursor share a
repository (https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns). This can make things
especially confusing, since there are recursor development branches,
authoritative development branches, recursor version branches,
authoritative version branches, recursor release tags, and authoritative
release tags all within the same repository. During all this work being
done on master, can the opportunity be taken to move shared code into X
repository and then have a repo for Recursor and a separate repo for
Authoritative? It seems like it would be a much cleaner arrangement.

Good luck in this new challenge!

Nick