[Pdns-users] About the mechanism of forward-zones when using multiple ips for one zonename.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:05:19 UTC 2015

Which forward-rules do you meant to by saying "without forward-rules"?  Are
these forward rules can all be setted or controlled by using config file fo
pdns_recurrsor?  Why these rules cann't be treated combinedly into the
inner optimizing algrithems for determining the maybe-best servers?

 Regards

> Hello,
>
> On 23 Feb 2015, at 11:49 , Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why not let the process run parallely and then picked out the one which
> is retured firstly to the client?
>
> In general (without forward-rules), we do something better - we try the
> servers and remember which one was faster. That way you get the performance
> benefits without unnecessarily overloading the other servers. I’m not
> entirely sure we do this for forward rules.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Peter van Dijk
> Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Sciences
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493