[Pdns-users] Any status on DNSSEC in Recursor?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Feb 20 19:08:20 UTC 2015

On Feb 20, 2015, at 7:03 AM, bert hubert <bert.hubert at powerdns.com> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> The status is that it is happening, and it should soon become more visible.
>
> The start of this is described in our post from this morning:
> http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-dev/2015-February/001481.html
>
> Please join us in testing 4.x as it will be appearing!

Sounds good.  I’m itching to tell our users they’re a bit “safer”, and I have about zero interest in learning a third DNS server (unbound).

The old blog post noted that you’d be leveraging another server for the key verification, is that still the case or will everything happen within pdns recursor?

I just did my first DNSSEC setup with BIND, kind of a pain.  Now I’ll be toying with my personal box that runs PDNS and then an actual production setup.  From what I’m reading, it seems almost too simple to setup. :)

Charles