[Pdns-users] When was ordername column added to records table?

Nick Williams nicholas at nicholaswilliams.net
Thu Feb 19 21:34:06 UTC 2015

I'm a bit curious because, looking through the code history, I can't find any evidence of it.

The schema for PDNS 3.0 shows no "ordername" column or "orderindex" index on the records table:

https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/auth-3.0/pdns/no-dnssec.schema.pgsql.sql

And the upgrade instructions for 3.0 -> 3.1 don't include an alter statement for adding the "ordername" column or "orderindex" index:

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/upgrading/#30-to-31

But the upgrade instructions for 3.1 -> 3.2 includes an alter statement for _modifying_ the "ordername" column and _dropping_ the "orderindex" index that were never added:

https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/upgrading/#31-to-32

This doesn't compute.

Can someone provide me some perspective on this?

Thanks,

Nick