[Pdns-users] Update from 2.9.21 to 3.3.1-1 - Color me confused

Steven Spencer steven.spencer at kdsi.com
Wed Feb 18 14:40:47 UTC 2015

That makes perfect sense, but since I do not have DNSSEC enabled, none
of the tables or columns specific to that are in the schema. The very
first set from my original email shows the ALTER TABLE tsigkeys line,
and that table and none of the columns associated with it, are in the
database at all.  In my searching the upgrade notes, there is no mention
of what /should/ be in that table. So, what I'm trying to do is make
sure I have a working DNS server after the upgrade. If the table
'tsigkeys' is required, then I need to know how to create that and what
columns/fields it should contain.

Thanks,
Steve

On 02/17/2015 04:08 PM, ktm at rice.edu wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Review the schema and if the tables do not exist create them as
> specified. The alter's should be run against existing tables.
>
> Regards,
> Ken
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 03:59:46PM -0600, Steven Spencer wrote:
>> List,
>>
>> I need to preface this that we are not using DNSSEC.
>>
>> In doing the schema changes, I've run into problems, or what appear
>> to be a problems:
>>
>> Schema changes required (according to the upgrade notes) for 2.9.x to 3.1:
>>
>> |mysql> ALTER TABLE records MODIFY content VARCHAR(64000);
>> mysql> ALTER TABLE tsigkeys MODIFY algorithm VARCHAR(50);|
>>

>> The first one (above) works as expected, second one gives this error:
>>
>> ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'powerdns.tsigkeys' doesn't exist

Steven G. Spencer, Network Administrator
KSC Corporate - The Kelly Supply Family of Companies
Office 308-382-8764 Ext. 1131
Mobile 402-765-8010