[Pdns-users] How to add master zone through PowerDNS API?

Melvin Mughal melvin at mughal.nu
Thu Feb 26 18:41:04 UTC 2015

We're running a master-slave setup. We want to use the PowerDNS API to
automatically create master zones on the master server from our
application. We created a master zone template, so when a domain is added
the zonefile is automatically filled with the correct records and notifies
the slave.

I can't find any good reference on how to do this through the PowerDNS API.
I want to post it a domain from the application via an API call and request
to make a new master zone file for the domain with the zone template.

Does anyone have an API call example on how to do this?