[Pdns-users] Windows 7 computers not getting split horizon change made by Lua script

hw at nitramlexa.com hw at nitramlexa.com
Thu Feb 19 14:26:42 UTC 2015

My setup is as follows:

All servers are Centos 7 x86_64 running under VMware ESXi 5.1.

My DNS/firewall running PDNS 3.4.1 and PDNS-RECURSOR 3.6.2 has 2 NICs.
1 has one static public IP (79.142.xx.yy), and the other is on my LAN
(192.168.3.1/24).

The IP in my DNS for the mail server is the public, and ports are then
forwarded.

mail server is at 192.168.3.50

internal PDNS-recursor (3.6.2) with a Lua script to change address to
LAN address is located at 192.168.3.51,
and it's the only DNS specified in all workstations network setup.

It works like a dream for everybody BUT Windows 7.
Android, Linux and Windows XP all get the LAN address when asking for
mail.example.com, but Windows 7 gets the public address.

I can see in logging in the Lua script that the Windows 7 machine asks
for the name, and Lua returns the LAN address,
but Windows 7 still gets the public IP.

Any ideas to why?

I'm also running Samba on the PDNS-recursor to let Windows access the
NAS shares, but there's no wins defined anywhere,
and the firewall / auth dns is not running Samba.

Kind regards,
Henrik Woffinden