[Pdns-users] Remote Backend and Query / Packet Cache

AJ McKee aj.mckee at druid-dns.com
Sun Feb 1 02:41:07 UTC 2015

Being the weekend, I decided to write a HTTP backend for pdns as a fun
thing to do.

One thing springs to mind however are the packet and query cache. In
particular, how they cache.

Do they use the remote clients ip as part of the caching key, thus only
serving from the cache if the client is repeatedly asking? AFAIK this is
not the case.

If I added simple bind style views to my backend, would this be pointless?

My thinking here, if a request came from netblock A and it was cached,
followed by a request from netblock C, C would get the cached answer
instead of querying the backend for its corrected view.

Is there a way that the remote backend can influence the cache in the
response it sends back?

I am aware of all the other backend, this is just my fun-time thing to play
with the new features.

Thanks in advance

--
AJ McKee