[Pdns-users] Disable slave seems impossible

Giuseppe Ravasio giuseppe_ravasio at egontek.net
Mon Aug 24 20:47:49 UTC 2015

On 08/24/2015 06:32 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>> I'm missing something?
>> Setting "slave = no" isn't supposed to make pdns ignore all the records
>> with type set as SLAVE?
>>

> Setting slave=no disables slave *functionality*, it does not ignore domains.

I'm not complaining about the server answering as authoritative also for
domains that are of type SLAVE, I'm complaining about the fact that the
server with slave=off behaves exactly like the one with slave=on, and
tries to initiate a zone transfer from the master.

Why "contacting a master and trying to do an AXFR" is not no be
considered a slave functionality?

And I also think that even answering for SLAVE zones with slave=no isn't
coherent.

Can you tell me which are the functionalities disabled by the switch?

> you probably should put them into a separate database, I'm pretty sure
> it will do what you expect this way.

I obvious that not having a single SLAVE type domain in the DB makes the
server not asking for zone transfers, but in this way I cannot use the
NATIVE mode without having the web fronted to write in both databases.

Thanks
Giuseppe