[Pdns-users] Servicing Internal views

Aladme alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Wed Aug 26 14:46:56 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!!

I’m bit confused about forwarding.
I’m creating master and slave-recursor servers for service our internal
views.
I do the database replication over MySQL. (not using master and slave
options in config files )

I want to manage two domains:
•	domain.com                                 Main external domain
•	subdomain.domain.com         Active Directory domain

If I enable forward-zones on the recursor like: (pointing to Active
Directory DNS servers)
-	  forward-zones= subdomain.domain.com =xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Testing with dig or nslookup all seems to be fine. I can PING, DIG  …. All
works.

Now, the second thing I want do is create a master zone of domain.com for
internal views. I create the zone in pdns master server (using Poweradmin),
SOA, NS records and some A record pointing to the local IP of our servers
(servers who have also an external IP).

>From that point, the forward to subdomain.domain.com stop working, no dig
either nslookup responses available.

I’m doing some big mistake or it’s not possible to create the thing I want
to do.

I will appreciate any advice.

Thank you so much. I hope you are having a good day.

Aladme.