[Pdns-users] soa-edit-api

Chris Haumesser chaumesser at plos.org
Tue Aug 18 17:27:15 UTC 2015

Does anyone have experience with using the rest api and soa-edit-api
setting?

My understanding is that if SOA-EDIT-API is set to DEFAULT in
domainmetadata, then the zone serial should automatically increment in
YYYYMMDDNN format, every time I peform a CRUD operation on a record in
the zone via the API.

This does not seem to work for me. When I add a new record via the API,
the record's change_date in mysql is NULL, and the zone serial does not
increment.

I am running pdns-server-3.4.1, backported from ubuntu-vivid to to run
on ubuntu-trusty.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris Haumesser