[Pdns-users] PDNS does not send info for reverse DNS

Bart-Jan van Hummel bvanhummel at openforest.nl
Tue Sep 30 08:42:45 UTC 2014

> Sent: Monday, 29 September, 2014 8:31:55 PM

> Am 29.09.2014 14:11, schrieb Bart-Jan van Hummel:
>> ;; WARNING: Messages has 4 extra bytes at end
>> ;; Query time: 0 msec
>> ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 44

> This would mean your DNS Server (PowerDNS) is broken. But I exclude this
> in this case. My guess is that you are using virtualbox (right?) and
> have a problem with the |--natdnsproxy |setting (or something like that).

I am running DNS on a physical machine on Debian 7.6|
The requests are comming from Mac OS X.
The routers I use are Draytec which are connected with VPN IPSec

So I did not yet use VirtualBox. I will try to see if I can find more about the l--natdnsproxy maybe Debian is doing something different.

I just now see that all requests I do on the DNS are registered in the syslog, accept for the one which does not respond...

Bart-Jan