[Pdns-users] mysql has gone away

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Sep 18 08:08:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 17 Sep 2014, at 22:47 , chayes <chayes at afo.net> wrote:

> Oh wait!
> I misunderstood ... cur is the cursor.
> Do I need to close all three as below?

I can’t answer that, but I have two other things to say:

(1) libmysqlclient supports automatic reconnection; you should check whether the Lua lib you are using exposes that functionality
(2) you should be extremely aware that talking to a database in a blocking way from within a Recursor script is unsupported, as the whole Recursor thread is paused while your script is querying the database and making a decision

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/